5.12.10

Nostalgia

The Cool Thing About Having an Elmo-themed surprise party is that even though you have the basics figured out already, the details are very much a surprise.

I mean, I put on my Elmo T-shirt for no apparent reason and lumbered up the stairs. My mom probably thought: Wait....What? 
My thought process was most likely somewhere along these lines:
Oh, that surprise party is today
Um, I feel lazy
I'll just wear this Elmo shirt because I'll have time to actually get ready later
Wow, I haven't worn this shirt in a while
Should I wear those red keds?
No, that would look dorky

Once I was upstairs, that shirt "Sparked [my mom's] memory" and had my dad bring out an identical red Elmo hoodie that they had "forgotten" to give me on my birthday. I totally fell for it. Please don't look at that gross just-barely-out-of-the-shower face. Haha and can you see that wonderful British Lit textbook I have?

 Love.


I totally knew I was helping my sister watch her baby so my mom could set up the party. But I thought it was at my friend's house not my neighbor's so that was surprise number one. I was also unaware that this party had been intentionally Elmo from the beginning, surprise number two.


Surprise number three, I'm not photogenic. At all. But that's not really a surprise, okay?

Hooray for birthdays, and cake :)

And a shout out to my wonderful mother and sister who both threw me off pretty good....well? Which one would you use for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me one?