24.3.10

I Should Be Doing Homework

First, some random thoughts:

So, I've noticed some things I always do. Like every morning I look at the clock and its either 6:49 or 7:06. And I always sneeze right after I put on mascara, and then I get those annoying black dots on my face. And I have this old radio in my bathroom to keep me company in the shower, and Africa by Karl Wolf comes on every time. And the station always changes right in the middle of the song. And whenever I do homework online, I always end up on facebook.

But doesn't everybody?

My drama coach insists on me playing the piano for her, and tries to tie in music with whatever we're doing.

It usually doesn't work.

But at least I got to play the can-can, and a couple of rag-time's and pretend I was in a saloon, and it was a good day.

Never dip a Skor bar in peanut butter, you'll regret it.

Now that I've gotten the randomness out of my head, here's the real deal:

I don't like The Call of the Wild. Its depressing, and somewhat dark, and I'm always worrying about Buck and his friends out in the bleak, icy tundras of Canada. And at the pace I'm reading, I don't think they'll ever get out. And Dave just died!
I hate that.
That's why I'm writing this post right now, because I don't want to know what happens next, even though I really want to get them out of the cold.

And so I got thinking. Why do we avoid and procrastinate so much? Why does my life is average seem so much more important than class until the deadline, when we stress ourselves out and breakout, and if we're girls we cry, and get headaches and such? It just doesn't make sense to me, and I feel so hypocritical, because I'm writing this instead of doing homework. And I'm chatting with two people on facebook. And I'm laughing at a very average MLIA. And I'm also seriously considering look at the Fail Blog, because right now, a laugh is more important than organ donations, and high honors reflections, and mitosis. But I just don't understand why? Hm.

But as soon as my mom will ask me if I've done my chores, I will tell her that I have homework. Because homework is more important than chores. We lead such contradictory lives, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me one?