13.6.10

When I Was Young

I did not fully grasp the concept of being little when I was. I was always interesting in growing up, pretending I was somebody else, somebody older.
My name was Bailey, or Ashley, depending on the day. I was a princess, banished for jumping rope in a dress. I made my own kingdom, where Ken, Barbie and My Little Pony were my subjects, and we all lived happily ever after.
Then I was called up for dinner.

Now that I'm older I wish I was young. Most people do, don't they? But not young physically, or mentally, just young in spirit. I envision that girl I'm going to be. The one who helps people be better without even trying, the one who dies you because her work here is finished. I want to be the one who chooses babysitting over a party, the one who still colors in coloring books, just because she does. I am a girl who does what she does because she can.

I am Aubrey Fitzgerald, and I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me one?